Germantown UMC Prayer Requests
Updated July 17, 2018
This Week’s Church Prayer Focus: Children of the world: those who have, those who lack, those who are afraid, those who hurt.
- Our Friends, Relatives, Acquaintances, and Neighbors who do not know Jesus as their Savior and our outreach to them.
- Service personnel: Keith Carson (Oklahoma), Jay & Tina Carr (Virginia), Nick Eby (Idaho), Daniel Murdoch (USS Eisenhower), Max Phillips (South Korea), Rich Weinel (Oklahoma).
- Our Homebound: Mary Clark, Al Grise, Arlene Harris, Nelson Hinkle, Joan Lansaw, Edna Mefford, Grace Oblinger, Margaret Smith, Martha Mae Storer, Janice Waits, Richard Waits, Barb Watkins, Richard Woolcock.
- For the church staff and leaders as they seek God’s guidance in serving God and leading GUMC.
- Our missionaries Kevin, Laura and little Lucy Cline, and Ryan Smith on a mission trip in Jamaica through July.
- The ministry of St. Paul United Methodist Church and our Covenant Partnership.
- Those dealing with addiction and the Valley View Drug Free Community Coalition movement.
- The United Methodist Church, our Bishop Gregory Palmer, and our District Superintendent Jocelyn Roper.
- Quilts: Larry Flor (Stage IV Pancreatic Cancer), Sandy VanCleave (Breast Cancer), Rebekah Seim (13 yrs. old, surgery for slipped growth plate)
- Dean Stiver: in hospital.
- Leslie Payton: thyroid removal.
- Carol Bullock’s nephew passed away.
- Thelma Emrick: cancer.
- Jon Garner: illness.
- Betsy Harrison: infection from surgery.
- Edna Barnhart: surgery on her hand.
- Lareen Bowman’s friend: having CT scan.
- Kent Genslinger: surgery on Monday.
- Heath Curry: serious leg injury.
- Unspoken prayer.
- Women’s Emmaus Walk this coming weekend.
- Paul Lunguist: major abdominal surgery.
- Family & friends of Trudy Bussard Burnett who passed away.
- Family & Friends of Jeff Tritt who passed away.
- Doris Tudor: will have heart ablation on Friday.
- Family & friends of Joe Hembree who passed away.
- Ralph & Florence Tidd: health issues.
- Teresa Recker: health issues related to severe diabetes.
- Dorothy Bennett: health issues.
- Judie Showalter: health concerns.
- Family & Friends of Juanita Hinkle Fritz who passed away. (Nelson Hinkle’s sister)
- Bob Cowden: has 1 good eye that had a blood vessel explode. May need surgery. Until then, he’s unable to drive, pick up anything or even bend over.
- Those who have lost children & grandchildren.
- Matt Martin: thyroid cancer.
- Ginny’s mother: cancer.
- Laura Jones: breast cancer.
- Nancy Schneiderman: testing
- Praise: Eric Tucker was able to attend worship service. Continued prayers for healing.
- Jerry Steinmetz: cancer.
- Caroline Sanders: health issues, life issues.
- Jenifer Shyrigh: grieving the loss of her mother.
- Ronda Roberts: continued healing.
- Violet Askins Brother-in-law, Jack: has a mass on his liver.
- Violet Askins’ sister Virgie: in nursing home.
- Mel Shaffer: possibly being discharged on Sunday.
- Emily & Isreal lost a baby.
- Jeff: 47 yrs. old, stage IV stomach cancer & prayers for his mother’s dementia.
- The family & friends of Allen Clouse who died of cancer.
- Frank: leukemia.
- Family & friends of Jeff Thompson who passed away (former UCC Camp director).
- Melanie Cooper’s Father: officially diagnosed with dementia and Alzheimers disease.
- Bob Hamilton: still ill one month after appendectomy.
- Carol DeHart: Leukemia.
- Quilts: Jill Ginter (health concerns), Ray Southers (numerous disabilities).
- Breanne Carr: abcess on her lung.
- Gale Scherz: seizure while on honeymoon.
- Cassidy Bartlet’s father: double knee replacement.
- Carol Shade’s grandson: fractured ankle.
- Carol Shade: back problems.
- Nick Cooper: a fellow Marine friend passed away.
- Bryson: seizure.
- Linda: two heart attacks recently.
- Larry Flor (Lareen Bowman’s brother-in-law): pancreatic cancer.
- Family of Abram Nance who passed away after only 3 months of life due to many birth defects.
- Debbie Stiver’s niece (Caroline Sanders’ daughter) and her husband died 6/9 in an automobile accident. Please keep their children in your prayers.
- Barry Rieger: health issues.
- Family & friends of Heather Rutter who passed away.
- Quilts: Barbara Watkins (Alzheimer’s Disease), Donna Zimmer (heart attack), Jack Jarvis (liver cancer).
- Nancy Weinel: testing.
- Ingrid’s father: had lung surgery.
- Rebekah Seim: hip surgery.
- Carolyn Holland
- Cameron Cooper: serving in mission at Good Works this week.
- Family and friends of Ronny Deweese who passed away.
- Jimmy Fryman: cancer.
- George Lewis.
- Family and friends of J.C. Strayer who passed away.
- Jocelynn’s mother.
- Wilda Peter’s father Carl.
- Family and friends of Norman E. Moyer (age 60) who passed away.
- Jean Powell’s cousin Deanna Cottle: in rehab.
- Beverly Roberts: recovering from knee replacement surgery.
Now all glory to God, who is able, through His mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Glory to Him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen. (Ephesians 3:20-21, NLT)