Germantown UMC Prayer Requests
Updated January 25, 2022
This Week’s Church Prayer Focus: Service personal dealing with PTSD.
1. Our Friends, Relatives, Acquaintances, and Neighbors who do not know Jesus as their Savior and our outreach to them.
2. Service personnel: Keith Carson (Florida), Jay & Tina Carr (Virginia), Michael Close (California), Steven Crabtree (Boot Camp), Nick Eby (England), Charles Hayes (Ohio), Levi Helmick (Saudi Arabia), Carl Martin (North Carolina), Daniel Muñoz (Virginia), Zach Smith (Germany).
3. Our Homebound: Delmar Burns, Mary Clark, Nelson Hinkle, Joyce Michael, Grace Oblinger, Beverly Simpkins, Martha Mae Storer, Janice & Richard Waits, Barb Watkins.
4. For the church staff and leaders as they seek God’s guidance in serving God and leading GUMC.
5. Our missionaries Kevin, Laura, and Lucy, Margaret, and Benjamin Cline.
6. Those dealing with addiction, families and the Valley View Drug Free Community Coalition movement.
7. The United Methodist Church, Bishop Gregory Palmer, and District Superintendent Jocelyn Roper.
8. Beverly Roberts: diagnosed with cancer in her liver.
9. Chris Kitchel: had laser surgery on his eye.
10. Myra Wheeler: has COVID, feels like a cold.
11. Elaine Midkiff: brain tumor.
12. Kenny Zink: Brain tumor and probably lung cancer.
13. Family and friends of Karen Brandenburg Cobble who passed away 1/20.
14. Bill & Stephanie Cenebaugh: both have COVID and in the hospital.
15. Jim Daum: cancer
16. Conrad Roberts: in rehab.
17. Joyce Ellison: ill.
18. Mark Varnadoe: has pneumonia and had a collapsed lung and is in ICU in Nebraska.
19. Family and friends of Arlene Brearley who died suddenly on 1/15.
20. Violet Askins’ niece Kim Wilson: having 20 teeth extracted.
21. Nick Emrick: ALS.
22. David & Margaret Posey: he has rectal cancer; she has been diagnosed with Parkinson’s.
23. Family and friends of Linda Terrell who passed away.
24. Family and friends of Olive Finney Hoffman who passed away.
25. Family and friends of Clara Nell Lake who passed away 1/25.
26. Quilts: Wilda Peters (Lupus); Karen Weaver (breast cancer surgery).
27. Frank Kozarec: upcoming eye surgery.
28. Mark Judy: cataract surgery 1/17.
29. Charlene Detweiler: right shoulder replacement surgery 1/19.
30. Susie Stewart: having a heart cath.
31. Michael Gross: COVID.
32. Donna: lymphoma, hopefully having the last week of chemo.
33. Jack Stouffler: hospital.
34. Ava: age 6, has COVID but is doing a little better.
35. Dan Studebaker: 3 family members have COVID causing a postponement of his bone spur surgery.
36. Mike Schmidt: recovering from surgery.
37. Susan Price: in the hospital to have surgery on her legs due to blood clots, but now she has COVID.
38. Steven and Hilary Dursch: have a new baby girl.
39. Jack Stoeffer: in ICU.
40. Diane: melanoma.
41. Connie: breast cancer.
42. Carolyn Holland: setback in her recovery from shoulder replacement surgery.
43. Kenny Lee: has been ill.
44. Debbie and Dave Eby’s grandchildren Bryce and Knox have COVID.
45. Family and friends of Terry Hollenbaugh who passed away 1/5.
46. Gerald Emrick.
47. Maria Kincaid: custodian at VV, is expecting very soon
48. Dirk Fiessinger: in hospital with COVID; his sister Debi Fiessinger-Blanford has COVID
49. Vicki Reno: cancer, starting new round of chemo
50. Liz: vision problems
51. Becky Sticklin: cancer, taking chemo.
52. Betty Uhlman: cancer
53. Robin Alsip: not feeling well.
54. Bri Southers: at home with COVID; her boyfriend’s father is in the hospital with COVID and pneumonia in both lungs.
55. Travel mercies.
56. Mistie Young: son Austin has COVID.
57. Teri Taylor: had carpel tunnel surgery.
58. Jami Hornbuckle: recovery from stomach flu.
59. Laura Jena’s niece Courtney Faber: COVID.
60. Bill Chmielewski: very ill and in the hospital.
61. Chris Kitchel’s parents: COVID.
62. Family and friends of Linda Brown who passed away December 26.
63. Emily Moyer: being inducing Monday, has medical issues.
64. KiLee Genslinger: hand surgery following a dog bite.
65. Karen Kirk’s brother passed away.
66. Betty Petticrew’s grandson Matthew MacKnight has COVID.
67. Peggie: diagnosed with cancer.
68. Kathy Gunkle’s daughter Lindsey: COVID, very ill.
December 26-January 1
69. Mary Wiser’s mother passed away.
70. Family and friends of Josh Risner who passed away.
71. Family and friends of Lorraine Green who passed away.
72. Reynolds family: lost everything to a Christmas Eve Day fire.
73. Family and friends of Jon Rommel who passed suddenly at age 47.
74. Family and friends of Marvin Gephart who passed away December 22.
75. Jerry Finney: several blood clots.
76. Vicki Reno: cancerous tumor on spine & lesion on brain.
77. Lucy Gilbert’s nephew Matthew passed away.
78. Sandy Gebhart: recovering from knee replacement surgery.
79. Carol Shade’s granddaughter, Emma Brewer: had emergency gallbladder surgery 12/17.
80. Justin & Kristy Alsip: COVID related pneumonia
81. Joycelyn Cook and her immediate family: have COVID.
82. Ann Shank: with have Thyroid Cancer surgery 12/23.
Now all glory to God, who is able, through His mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Glory to Him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen. (Ephesians 3:20-21, NLT)