Germantown UMC Prayer Requests
Updated July 15, 2019
This Week’s Church Prayer Focus: Those attending this weekend’s Women’s Walk to Emmaus.
- Our Friends, Relatives, Acquaintances, and Neighbors who do not know Jesus as their Savior and our outreach to them.
- Service personnel: Keith Carson (Iraq), Jay & Tina Carr (Virginia), Nick Eby (Idaho), Carl Martin (Virginia), Daniel Murdoch (USS Truman), Max Phillips (South Korea), Zach Smith (Fort Benning), Rich Weinel (Ohio).
- Our Homebound: Mary Clark, Al Grise, Tom Hayes, Nelson Hinkle, Joan Lansaw, Mary Francis Meadows, Edna Mefford, Grace Oblinger, Bev Shaffer, Margaret Smith, Martha Mae Storer, Janice & Richard Waits, Barb Watkins, Richard Woolcock.
- For the church staff and leaders as they seek God’s guidance in serving God and leading GUMC.
- Our missionaries Kevin, Laura, and little Lucy and Margaret Cline.
- The ministry of St. Paul United Methodist Church and our Covenant Partnership.
- Those dealing with addiction, families and the Valley View Drug Free Community Coalition movement.
- The United Methodist Church, our Bishop Gregory Palmer, and our District Superintendent Jocelyn Roper.
- Quilts: Victoria Price (complications with pregnancy), Charlotte Ward (3-year-old with leukemia).
- Zack Smith: going for his paratrooper rating.
- Family and friends of Bryston Keating, 8-year-old Valley View student who passed away.
- Family and friends of Dawn Ward who passed away this week.
- Don Kesler: tumors on his neck.
- Melissa Baker: bile duct cancer.
- Joey Cook: laid off, looking for a job.
- Relative of the Morris family in the hospital.
- Kathy Kitchel’s mother’s boyfriend Don Ward: surgery to remove a mass on his bladder.
- Sharon Selise: hysterectomy postponed.
- Alan Selise: in the hospital.
- Travel mercies.
- Donald Wigger Jr. (Donna Galdeen’s brother) is receiving maintenance chemo for leukemia.
- Nancy Perkey: knee replacement.
- Hurricane Victims.
- Quilt: Dave Bunn (health issues).
- Crystal Campbell & Jordan Coppock: miscarriage of a boy.
- Val Wood: arm amputation. Has cancer in liver & kidneys.
- Kristy Campbell: Alzheimer’s.
- Sage & Ray Southers.
- Jennifer Powell: blood pressure out of control.
- Family and friends of Jim Witt who passed away.
- Lee Sanford: possible stroke.
- Tracy: large B-cell lymphoma.
- Family and friends of 5-year-old girl who died (daughter of Vandalia Butler School Superintendent.)
- Gordan Watson: cancer.
- Paxton Garrett: hip surgery.
- Victims of earthquakes.
- Lori Lynn Grise: breast cancer.
- Praise: Nancy Schneider cancer free.
- Brianne Leet: double knee replacement.
- Cindy McArthur: cancer.
- Karen Kirk: issues.
- Family and friends of Louise Reason who passed away.
- For the farming community who are dealing with adverse weather conditions.
- Ken Galdeen: urinary infection.
- David: taking drugs again after being clean for around 5 years. Is marriage with three children.
June 30-July 6
- Quilts: Terri Hackman: Stage IV cancer.
- Tanner Kirk’s grandmother.
- Lucy Dursch’s brother is having surgery.
- Kim Adkins: heart issues.
- Terry Hopson: waiting for a lung transplant.
- Joe Puckett: blood clots.
- A 23-year-old with pancreatic cancer.
- Steve: heart bypass surgery.
- Robert Baker: cancer.
- Melvin Williams.
- Gary Wright: hip issues.
- Praise: Sherry Chamberlain is now recovering at home.
- Karen Tucker’s sister: Alzheimer’s disease.
- Everett Cline: health issues.
- Patti Hayes: continued prayer for cancer treatments.
- Ellen and Harold Comley: health issues.
- Debra Faulk: diagnosed with cancer, had surgery.
- Teresa Recker: mini strokes.
- Quilts: Tim Studebaker: back surgery; Nancy Studebaker: foot surgery.
- Tracey Yates: Lymphoma, in the hospital.
- Abigail Current: surgery.
- Curtis Shields.
- Janet Hurst: multiple health issues.
- Daniel Cooper: back surgery.
- Stacy’s mother-in-law: heart attack.
- Adam Shaffer: back problems.
- April: double mastectomy.
- Olivia Mett: prayers of support while she is a counselor at camp this summer.
- Family & friends of Thelma Emrick who passed away.
- George Darrell Reeves (Bev Roberts brother): had a heart attack on 6/10. He is recovering well.
- Glen Hamm: mass on his brain. Surgery went well.
- Quilts: Geri Thornsburg (thyroid surgery), Dana Robinson (breast cancer).
- Daniel Harrison.
- Preemie baby Lakyn.
- Leslie Patton: treatment for Thyroid Cancer.
- Stacy Gieszl: family situation.
- Shelby: 13-year-old with complications following a liver transplant.
- Storm victims.
- Jerry Steinmetz: cancer.
- Caroline Sanders: life issues, health issues.
- Shawn was struck by a car.
Now all glory to God, who is able, through His mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Glory to Him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen. (Ephesians 3:20-21, NLT)