Germantown UMC Prayer Requests
Updated August 6, 2020
This Week’s Church Prayer Focus: School district leaders and their upcoming decisions.
1. Our Friends, Relatives, Acquaintances, and Neighbors who do not know Jesus as their Savior and our outreach to them.
2. Service personnel: Keith Carson (Florida), Jay & Tina Carr (Virginia), Steven Crabtree (Boot Camp), Nick Eby (England), Carl Martin (North Carolina), Zach Smith (Germany), Cody Wagers, Rich Weinel (Ohio).
3. Our Homebound: Delmar Burns, Mary Clark, Tom Hayes, Nelson Hinkle, Joan Lansaw, Edna Mefford, Grace Oblinger, Stan Price, Bev Shaffer, Margaret Smith, Martha Mae Storer, Janice & Richard Waits, Barb Watkins, Richard Woolcock.
4. For the church staff and leaders as they seek God’s guidance in serving God and leading GUMC.
5. Our missionaries Kevin, Laura, and little Lucy and Margaret Cline.
6. The ministry of St. Paul United Methodist Church and our Covenant Partnership.
7. Those dealing with addiction, families and the Valley View Drug Free Community Coalition movement.
8. The United Methodist Church, our Bishop Gregory Palmer, and our District Superintendent Jocelyn Roper.
9. Quilt: Rosie Pate: knee replacement.
10. Tyler Wright: fractured elbow.
11. John Diver: cancer.
12. Joyce Ellison: fell, has bruises, abrasions & fractured wrist.
13. Steve Desch: kidney failure.
14. David Shade: illness.
15. Sally Peters: knee replacement.
16. Jan Wheeler: knee replacement.
17. Family & friends of Brenda Davis who passed away from Covid.
18. Crichton Hughes: hospitalized with Crohn’s disease.
19. Family & friends of Sam Cornett who passed away Tuesday.
20. Becky Rowles.
21. Ernie Streifthau: kidney stone & sepsis.
22. Sage Southers: recovering from Covid.
23. Jr Robertson has tested positive for Covid19, hospitalized, is not doing well.
24. Family & friends of Frank Klein who passed away on 7/29/20 from cancer.
25. Richard Dautel: end stage cancer.
26. Tommy Dautel: as he makes decisions regarding his parents.
27. Charles Hayes: 3 weeks of Air National Guard training.
28. Family & friends of John Sixt who passed away.
29. Lareen Bowman’s daughter Stephanie: heart issues, upcoming thyroid surgery.
30. Gary Stockley: ICU.
July 26-August 1
31. Dick Fiessinger: liver cancer.
32. Sharon Sallee: hospitalized, on ventilator, organ failure. .
33. Violet Askins’ nephew Dick Payne passed away.
34. Nathan: has COVID, in a coma and on a ventilator. Wife was to have ankle surgery. Have 2 sons, one who is autistic.
35. Vernon Hasty Jr.: heart attack.
36. Jenny Bussard: ATV accident.
37. Paul Lollie: liver transplant.
38. Lynn Davis: has Covid, pneumonia, released from hospital. His wife Brenda passed away.
39. Betty Petticrew: knee pain.
40. Quilt: Stephanie McCarty: will be having surgery on August 12th .
41. Kim Atkins: starting radiation treatments for breast cancer.
42. Family & friends of Al Grise who passed away on 7/12.
43. Kevin Desch’s father has dementia and was hospitalized.
44. Dawn Roberts and family.
45. Melanie Cooper’s father: fractured wrist & surgery and Alzheimers.
46. Melanie Cooper’s father: now under Hospice care.
47. Family & friends of Faye Mears who passed away this week.
48. Family & friends of Sue Root who passed away this week.
49. Josie: Myra Wheeler’s supervisor’s mother.
50. Delmar Burns: at the Masonic Home in Springfield.
51. Kristen Lakes: positive for Covid19.
52. Bud Wigger: (Donna Galdeen’s brother) lung cancer, copd, Covid 19.
53. Glen Bowman: was hospitalized for heat related issues.
54. Wayne Asher: stage 4 prostate cancer.
55. Chase Damron: VV student, additional cancer has been found.
56. Shelly Genslinger: vertigo.
57. David Dupps, Sr.
58. Family & friends of Jerry Haupt who recently passed away.
59. Family & friends of Aaron Huff who passed away.
60. Myra Wheeler: illness.
61. The Keating family.
62. Those suffering with Covid19 and all essential workers who are on the front line.
63. Lavetta: struggling.
64. Kevin Desch’s father: Has Alzheimer’s, is not eating, and has pneumonia.
65. Lareen Bowman’s daughter, Stephanie: thyroid cancer.
66. Violet Askins sister Virgie passed away on 7/2/20.
67. Family & friends of Craig Murphy who passed away.
68. Family & friends of Mary Francis Meadows who passed away on 7/3/20.
69. Marty Lewis: positive for Covid19.
70. Zach & Lindsey Cline: positive for Covid19.
71. Justin & Stacy Cline: positive for Covid19.
72. Lynn Menard’s husband: recently out of the hospital with pneumonia & heart problems.
73. Family & friends of Diane Pregon who passed away.
74. Zane Dautel: praying for a good medical report so he can get his cast off.
Now all glory to God, who is able, through His mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Glory to Him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen. (Ephesians 3:20-21, NLT)