Germantown UMC Prayer Requests
Updated January 20, 2021
This Week’s Church Prayer Focus: Our nation.
1. Our Friends, Relatives, Acquaintances, and Neighbors who do not know Jesus as their Savior and our outreach to them.
2. Service personnel: Keith Carson (Florida), Jay & Tina Carr (Virginia), Steven Crabtree (Boot Camp), Nick Eby (England), Carl Martin (North Carolina), Zach Smith (Germany), Cody Wagers.
3. Our Homebound: Delmar Burns, Mary Clark, Tom Hayes, Nelson Hinkle, Joan Lansaw, Joyce Michael, Grace Oblinger, Margaret Smith, Martha Mae Storer, Janice & Richard Waits, Barb Watkins.
4. For the church staff and leaders as they seek God’s guidance in serving God and leading GUMC.
5. Our missionaries Kevin, Laura, and little Lucy and Margaret Cline.
6. Those dealing with addiction, families and the Valley View Drug Free Community Coalition movement.
7. The United Methodist Church, Bishop Gregory Palmer, and District Superintendent Jocelyn Roper.
8. Quilts: Logan Sherrard (fractured leg), Butch Harper (Pancreatic Cancer), Karen Johnson (lost her mother).
9. Linda Brown: seeing a specialist regarding lymphedema in her leg.
10. Larry Gordan: in hospital with COVID and on a ventilator.
11. Larry and JoAnn Weaver’s son Scott: COVID positive.
12. Pat Moyer: emergency surgery for a bowel obstruction.
13. Diane Hayes: tested positive for COVID.
14. Tom Hayes: tested positive for COVID, but asymptomatic. Has been moved to Ohio Hospice Respite Care.
15. Chris Kitchel: has had another retinal detachment and surgery.
16. Kathy Kitchel: knee surgery January 26.
17. Carl & Bev Roberts: positive for COVID.
18. Ken Galdeen: will have stents replaced on Thursday.
19. Karen Lurker’s nephew Martin (Marty) DeHart: struggling in hospital with COVID; son Ryan is positive as well.
20. Family & friends of Beverly Shaffer who passed away on 1/13/21.
21. Family & friends of Lou Stiver who passed away on 1/13/21.
22. Dr. Jewell Stevens: diagnosed with lymphoma.
23. Dwayne Dill: started chemo this week.
24. Cliff Owens: in hospital with COVID and shingles.
25. Missy Arnold: 36-year-old and diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer.
26. Those dealing with depression, anxiety, panic attacks, and mental illness.
27. Pam Hornbuckle: post-op issues following knee replacement surgery.
28. Laura Jena’s aunt Linda Hershman: in hospital with COVID.
29. Eileen Strobel: in hospital with COVID.
30. Family & friends of Linda Lashley.
31. Stacy LeFevre: Praise: no treatment needed at this time for Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia.
32. Bob Hamm: gravely ill in ICU with COVID in a hospital in Cincinnati.
33. Joyce Michael: continues to be under Hospice care.
34. Heather Chambers: in the hospital with COVID.
35. Terri Hinkle: recurrent cancer.
36. Karen Tucker’s niece Brianne Leet: inoperable brain tumor on her pituitary gland.
37. Dave & Lois Peed: COVID positive with pneumonia.
38. Family & friends of Loveda Grooms who passed away.
39. Emory Askins: COVID positive and recovering from back surgery.
40. Mitch Genslinger: trying to quit smoking.
41. Cierra Wright: had emergency gallbladder surgery on 1/4/21.
42. David Shade: had emergency surgery to insert a pacemaker on 1/2/21.
43. Ken Workman: COVID positive. His wife, Violet has double pneumonia.
44. Donna Pittman: hospitalized with COVID.
45. Betty Uhlman: has had to start chemo treatments again. Her mother passed away this week as well.
46. Michael Gross: cancer removed from his face.
47. Conrad Roberts: continued healing.
48. Tracy Reno: back surgery on January 13.
49. Family and friends of Cindy Woxman who passed away January 2.
50. Jack Taylor: healing from leg injury.
51. Don Ratliff and son Kash: both exposed to COVID.
52. Steve Lubecki: cancer.
53. Tim Shope: prayers for continued healing of burns.
54. Family & friends of Dave Dupps Sr. who passed away.
55. Dylan McKinney: severely injured in a motorcycle accident early Monday morning.
56. Michael O’Diam: continued prayers as he goes through treatment for colon cancer.
57. Sherry Chamberlain: complications of rotator cuff surgery.
58. Family & friends of Mark Strayer (Vicki Dursch’s brother) who passed away on 12/25.
December 27-January 2
59. Family & friends of Richard Woolcock who passed away December 23.
60. Family & friends of Herschel Cornn who passed away on 11/26.
61. Martha Cornn: recovering from COVID, doing well.
62. Susan Miller’s great nephew Leon Davis: 4-years-old, having seizures, doctors have found spots on his brain.
63. Praise: Susan and Mike Miller became great grandparents on December 22.
64. Baby Maverick Harris finally got to come home on Christmas Eve after over 2 months in the hospital.
65. Family and friends of Mona Hatton who passed away.
66. Kenny and Cecilia Stewart: both have COVID.
67. Conrad family of Middletown: Jon Sr. died of heart failure on December 24; Jon Jr. died in a fire on December 16.
68. Ken Zinck: in hospital with COVID. Wife Debbie was released from the hospital following a 10-day stay due to COVID.
69. Family & friends of Cindi Weidle who passed away.
70. Family & friends of Ted Landis who passed away on 12/22.
71. Family and friends of Larry Huff who passed away.
72. Family and friends of Aiden Bittner who passed away suddenly.
73. Terry Asiedu: cancer.
74. Family and friends of Marilee Mohler who passed away Christmas Day.
75. Family and friends of Judy Cox Owens who passed away Christmas Day from COVID.
76. Jaxson: 3-year-old in Cincinnati Children’s with cancerous brain tumors.
77. Mike and Kyle Samworth’s daughter-in-law: COVID positive, in hospital in Columbus.
78. Jerry and Judy Stumpff: both COVID positive, she has pneumonia.
79. Kenny Wells: in hospital with COVID and has cancer. His son Kenny Jr. also has COVID.
80. Kimberly Zapata: 13-year-old dealing with back pain.
Now all glory to God, who is able, through His mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Glory to Him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen. (Ephesians 3:20-21, NLT)