Germantown UMC Prayer Requests
Updated May 26, 2020
This Week’s Church Prayer Focus: For those suffering in any way due to the coronavirus.
1. Our Friends, Relatives, Acquaintances, and Neighbors who do not know Jesus as their Savior and our outreach to them.
2. Service personnel: Keith Carson (Iraq), Jay & Tina Carr (Virginia), Steven Crabtree (Boot Camp), Nick Eby (England), Carl Martin (North Carolina), Zach Smith (Germany), Cody Wagers, Rich Weinel (Ohio).
3. Our Homebound: Delmar Burns, Mary Clark, Al Grise, Tom Hayes, Nelson Hinkle, Joan Lansaw, Mary Francis Meadows, Edna Mefford, Grace Oblinger, Stan Price, Bev Shaffer, Margaret Smith, Martha Mae Storer, Janice & Richard Waits, Barb Watkins, Richard Woolcock.
4. For the church staff and leaders as they seek God’s guidance in serving God and leading GUMC.
5. Our missionaries Kevin, Laura, and little Lucy and Margaret Cline.
6. The ministry of St. Paul United Methodist Church and our Covenant Partnership.
7. Those dealing with addiction, families and the Valley View Drug Free Community Coalition movement.
8. The United Methodist Church, our Bishop Gregory Palmer, and our District Superintendent Jocelyn Roper.
9. Sally Angliss: recurrent cancer, Hospice Care.
10. Karen Blevins: Crohn’s Disease.
11. Carol Bullock’s nephew Steve Koop: 4 stints in heart on May 11.
12. Kayla Dautel’s best friend’s step-father committed suicide.
13. Kim Atkins: breast cancer surgery, now radiation.
14. Cathleen Johnson: brother died, another brother ill, brother-in-law had a kidney transplant, another brother-in-law had COVID-19.
15. Family and friends of Angie Brock who passed away.
16. Those dealing with mental illness.
17. Al Grise: ill.
18. Delmar Burns: stroke on May 6, rehab at the Masonic Home in Springfield.
19. Stan Price: failing fast.
20. Family and friends of Dan Anslinger, Jr. who passed away May 16.
21. David Dupps, Sr.
22. Patti Hayes: testing this week.
23. Jerry Haupt: had a stroke and fell. In the hospital, not expected to survive.
24. Rick Granz: being treated for non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma.
25. Family and friends of Carl Strobel who passed away May 15.
26. Dennis Davis: in UC hospital.
27. Carla Merritt’s sister Kim: facing a possible 3rd surgery in 2 weeks for blood flow issues in her shoulder.
28. Carla Merritt’s brother-in-law Jerry: at Cleveland Clinic for a kidney transplant.
29. Melissa Tomblison: recovering from brain aneurysm.
30. Wayne Asher: Stage 4 prostate cancer.
31. Stan and Mary Anne Price’s daughter Betsy: tested positive for COVID-19, back to work.
April 26-May 2
32. John Reddick: large kidney stone.
33. Brittany: 36-year-old with cancer, has been waiting for surgery.
34. Randy Stiver: slipped disk, starting physical therapy.
35. Roseann Milliken’s aunt Kathy Damaska: pancreatic cancer, undergoing chemotherapy.
36. Lindsey Cline: health issues.
37. Clint Hanahan’s friend and fellow pilot: gave COVID 19 to his wife who is 7 months pregnant. She is recovering from home now and doing well.
38. Family and friends of Joe Bartellis who died April 23.
39. Matt Buckley: just diagnosed with cancer, has wife and 8 daughters.
40. Family and friends of Mary Neargarder who passed away on April 24.
41. Charles Anslow: health issues.
42. Russ Wallace’s aunt Gaye Wallace.
43. Family and friends of Butch McKinney who passed away.
44. Violet Askin’s niece Brittany: turned septic following cancer surgery, now home recovering.
45. Violet Askins niece Justina passed away.
46. Family and friends of Paula Gabbard who passed away.
47. Jan Pokol: house burned down to the ground.
48. Samantha Walker’s father: possible heart issues.
49. Family and friends of Hank Dupps who passed away April 5.
50. Family and friends of Lenny Gulley who passed away Easter.
51. Eddie Carpenter: head-on car collision, in a coma in ICU
52. Susan Miller’s cousin Patrick Fryman: home and recovering from COVID-19.
53. Residents and staff at Astoria: some have tested positive for COVID-19.
54. Family and friends of Mike Davis who passed away.
55. Family and friends of Martha Maggard who passed away. Left husband and 5 children.
56. Kassidy Ranson: Valley View senior battling Hodgkin’s lymphoma.
57. Annie Donson: mild heart attack.
58. Chase Damron: Valley View student, cancer surgery.
59. Kassidy Artman: new baby boy.
60. Wayne Asher: Stage 4 Prostate Cancer.
61. Kim Atkins: breast cancer.
62. Steve Copp: has a heart blockage.
63. Family and friends of Chris Boggs who died from COVID-19 on Friday. Wife Brenda in the hospital.
64. Family and friends of Mary Samworth who passed away March 16.
65. Martha and Richard Dautel: health issues.
66. Brooklyn Sears: surgery for torn ACL and meniscus.
67. Melody Herbst’s uncle Everett Cline passed away.
68. Vernon Hasty, Jr.: while recuperating from Lung Surgery two weeks ago, suffered a heart attack. He had open-heart surgery and had 2 stents.
69. Donald Albert, Jr.: in a nursing home following cancer treatment. (Etta & Anna Mae’s cousin)
70. Jill and Gracie Richter and Jill’s elderly parents
Now all glory to God, who is able, through His mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Glory to Him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen. (Ephesians 3:20-21, NLT)