Germantown UMC Prayer Requests
Updated September 22, 2021
This Week’s Church Prayer Focus: For those who deal with chronic illness.
1. Our Friends, Relatives, Acquaintances, and Neighbors who do not know Jesus as their Savior and our outreach to them.
2. Service personnel: Keith Carson (Florida), Jay & Tina Carr (Virginia), Michael Close (California), Steven Crabtree (Boot Camp), Nick Eby (England), Charles Hayes (Ohio), Levi Helmick (Saudi Arabia), Carl Martin (North Carolina), Daniel Muñoz (Virginia), Zach Smith (Germany).
3. Our Homebound: Delmar Burns, Mary Clark, Nelson Hinkle, Joan Lansaw, Joyce Michael, Grace Oblinger, Martha Mae Storer, Janice & Richard Waits, Barb Watkins.
4. For the church staff and leaders as they seek God’s guidance in serving God and leading GUMC.
5. Our missionaries Kevin, Laura, and little Lucy and Margaret Cline.
6. Those dealing with addiction, families and the Valley View Drug Free Community Coalition movement.
7. The United Methodist Church, Bishop Gregory Palmer, and District Superintendent Jocelyn Roper.
8. Praise: Joan Lee is five years lung cancer free.
9. Family and friends of Matt Cockrell who passed away from COVID.
10. Steve Price’s family as they have his dad’s celebration of life 9/19.
11. Elizabeth Wilson: suffering from laryngitis, bronchitis, and pneumonia, along with infection in her arm from surgery.
12. A man by the name of Gary: problem with his lungs and legs.
13. Mike Keifer: congestive heart failure.
14. Ken Wyatt: has COVID and is on a ventilator.
15. Dede Littrell: in hospital since August 13 with COVID.
16. Sheven Williams mother passed away 8/21.
17. Kile Genslinger: has COVID.
18. Family and friends of Kyle Samworth who passed away 9/14.
19. Vicki Downs: health issues.
20. Family & friends of Phyllis Moyer who passed away.
21. Family & friends of former Germantown Police Chief Bernie Ingabrand who passed away.
22. Family & friends of Don Wood who passed away.
23. Eric Moore: burned his face & arms in a farming accident.
24. Sierra Stiver: health issues.
25. Jim: rollover accident, fractured cervical vertebrae.
26. Young man who jumped off his three-story college apartment roof and survived. Long physical and mental recovery ahead.
27. Kat and her 11-year-old son Zachary: both with COVID.
28. Karen Tucker’s great nephew Nathaniel Stewart killed in a hit and run accident; mother has an inoperable brain tumor and facing hip replacement at the end of October.
29. Angela Collins: multiple serious injuries from car accident.
30. Myra Wheeler’s coworker’s wife had a baby girl named Violet.
31. Family and friends of Lambert Tynes who passed away on Wednesday from Covid-19.
32. Tanner Gates: 16 year old hospitalized with COVID.
33. Roseann Milliken’s sister and family recovering from COVID.
34. Quilt: Mike Eades (health issues), Jacob Anders (alcoholism), De De Littrell (COVID), Desirae McKinney (health concerns).
35. Those dealing with the aftermath of Hurricane Ida.
36. Chris Shade: pinched nerve in his neck.
37. Ray Savage: COVID.
38. Family and friends of Dean Phillips who passed away.
39. Family and friends of Kenny Scearce passed away 9/1.
40. Blanche Smith: fell; at Kingston for rehab.
41. Family and friends of Sherry Gieger who passed away August 31.
42. Violet’s niece Sheryl: recovering from COVID.
43. Cheryl McKinney: possible leg amputation.
44. Family and friends of Peg Smith who passed away due to COVID. Edgewood H.S. secretary.
45. Christina Mowery: released from hospital, doing much better.
46. Matthew Cencebaugh: OSU Wexner medical center with cellulitis in his arm, now has kidney failure and will be put on dialysis.
47. Co-worker who is struggling with the aftermath of a divorce.
August 29-September 4
48. Quilt: Kimberly Polston: liver transplant rejection, Larry Conrad: liver cancer.
49. Kile Gensliner: two kayaks fell on him, has fractures of L1 & L2.
50. Mitch Genslinger: fell on basement steps, bruised and sore.
51. Tim & Charlene Detweiler: Tim has received his 3rd pacemaker/defibrillator and Charlene is recovering from a recent surgery.
52. Family and friends of Beth Karacia who passed away from COVID.
53. The people of Afghanistan.
54. Linda Spyridon: stage 4 colon cancer spread through her bones. Given about 6 months to live.
55. Kelly Shepherd-Smith: on life support at Sycamore Hospital due to sepsis.
56. Young girl who attempted suicide: now in residential treatment.
57. Vicky Slaton: recovering from injuries due to an automobile accident.
58. Eric Tucker: testing 8/30.
59. Karen Tucker: procedure 9/3.
60. Karen Tucker’s sister Kim West: massive stroke.
61. Donna Cline: cancer has moved to her lymph nodes, more chemo needed.
62. All those affected by the Noel Watson situation.
63. Quilt: Tom Kuhn: cancer; Judy Knight: Pancreatic cancer.
64. Family and friends of Doug Lehman family who passed away from COVID yesterday; 49 years old.
65. Marilyn Miller Sutton: end stage with COVID.
66. Roseann Milliken’s sister Maggie and family: all very sick with COVID.
67. Quilt: Lucy Wilson: 14 yr. old, needs hip replacement.
68. Kleimeier family.
69. Linda Dunphy; in hospital with severe kidney disease.
70. Violet Askins’ niece Sheryl Carr: home after being in ICU with COVID and double pneumonia.
71. Beverly Simpkins: loss of vision.
72. Erica Tucker: fell and has facial lacerations.
73. Victims of the Haiti earthquake.
74. Lisa Herlinger: will have back surgery on Thursday.
75. Shirley Mullendore: will have shoulder surgery.
76. Betty Uhlman: trying a new cancer treatment.
Now all glory to God, who is able, through His mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Glory to Him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen. (Ephesians 3:20-21, NLT)