Germantown UMC Prayer Requests
Updated September 17, 2019
This Week’s Church Prayer Focus: Those with cancer.
- Our Friends, Relatives, Acquaintances, and Neighbors who do not know Jesus as their Savior and our outreach to them.
- Service personnel: Keith Carson (Iraq), Jay & Tina Carr (Virginia), Steven Crabtree (Boot Camp), Nick Eby (England), Carl Martin (Virginia), Daniel Murdoch (USS Truman), Max Phillips (South Korea), Zach Smith (Fort Benning), Cody Wagers, Allie Wallace (Army Boot Camp in Missouri), Rich Weinel (Ohio).
- Our Homebound: Mary Clark, Al Grise, Tom Hayes, Nelson Hinkle, Joan Lansaw, Mary Francis Meadows, Edna Mefford, Grace Oblinger, Bev Shaffer, Margaret Smith, Martha Mae Storer, Janice & Richard Waits, Barb Watkins, Richard Woolcock.
- For the church staff and leaders as they seek God’s guidance in serving God and leading GUMC.
- Our missionaries Kevin, Laura, and little Lucy and Margaret Cline.
- The ministry of St. Paul United Methodist Church and our Covenant Partnership.
- Those dealing with addiction, families and the Valley View Drug Free Community Coalition movement.
- The United Methodist Church, our Bishop Gregory Palmer, and our District Superintendent Jocelyn Roper.
- Quilt: Jack Stoeffler: (Roseann Milliken’s father) hip replacement surgery.
- Family & friends of Will Gracy who passed away.
- Praise: Ainsley Noble was born 9/11. Mother Ashley and baby are doing well.
- Mary Wiser: sick.
- Maverick Harris: baby in NICU at Children’s.
- Katelyn: due October 4.
- Praise: Joan Lee: no cancer.
- Jamie Speck: open heart surgery.
- Ray and Joan Lansaw: moving Friday.
- Gail Chmielewski: stroke, paralyzed on right side.
- Family & friends of Don Ward who passed away.
- Kathy Kitchel: ankle injury, in a brace.
- Tinkerbell’s Closet: 260 girls in 2 weeks.
- Michael: 9-year-old hit by truck.
- Miriam Johnson’s grandson Michael: tumor in one of his kidneys. He is also suffering with severe pain from kidney stones. Waiting for biopsy.
- Larry McKibben: hernia surgery.
- Rose Stoeffler: (Roseann Milliken’s mother) had back surgery, in extreme pain.
- Family & friends of Lynn Koogle who passed away.
- Family & friends of Barbara Burns who passed away.
- Sarah: struggling.
- Travel mercies.
- Lady who suffered a stroke in the stands at the football game.
- Anna: spinal stenosis.
- Chase Damron: Valley View high school student who had his left arm amputated due to cancer.
- Steven Crabtree: going to boot camp.
- Almeda Shaw: Alzheimer’s and cancer.
- Everett Sharp: kidney stones.
- Amber Jena: appendix burst, post-op complications.
- Mark Stull’s son passed away.
- Jackie Masters: home after hip surgery.
- Lucy Dursch’s great granddaughter Ellie Coffey: 1 year who had aorta surgery.
- Andrea Honious: cancer, beginning chemo.
- Caroline Sanders: doing better.
- Jerry Steinmetz: cancer.
- Donna Newman’s son: complications from cancer surgery.
- Everett Cline: health issues.
- Ellen and Harold Comley: health issues.
- Praise: Victoria Price (Stan and Mary Anne’s daughter-in-law) had a baby girl.
- Those affected by Hurricane Dorian.
- Brenda Erb: lung cancer.
- Leah and Lyra Staggs mother: continued cancer treatments.
- Daniel: surgery went well.
- Jason Cox: home now after being paralyzed due to an accident.
- Praise: Taylor Heistand expecting twins in February.
- Gary Wright: successful hip replacement surgery.
- Quilts: Caitlyn Allen-King: pregnancy complications
- Family & friends of Terry Williams who passed away.
- Cayla: complications of birthing, baby has brain damage.
- Cathy Steel: breast cancer.
- Dana Robinson: breast cancer.
- Phyllis: Son died in auto accident.
- Bob Baker family.
- Larry Wells.
- Paxton Garrett: Recovering.
- Joe Schmidt: Fell through the roof.
- Family & friends of Bill Jones who passed away.
- Donna Cline: Ovarian Cancer, started chemo.
- Family and friends of Bryston Keating, 8-year-old Valley View student who passed away.
- The family and friends of Dawn Ward who passed away.
- Sage & Ray Southers.
- Brian J.
- Sharon Sallee: recovering from mastectomy.
- Alan Sallee: diabetes complications and cellulitis.
- Barbara: ongoing cancer and undiagnosed hallucinations and memory loss.
- Arnie Brown: Hospice care for heart issues.
- Jennifer Powell: procedure to replace battery that helps stem her epileptic seizures went well, also has Stage 3 kidney disease and blood pressure issues.
- Quilts: Anita and Mark Brandewie (severe burns requiring surgery).
- Tom: Stage 4 kidney failure and blood clot in heart.
- Kathy Kitchel’s cousin: Hospice Care.
- Barbara: breast cancer now in her bones, also has infections.
- Palmer family: lost a loved one.
- Jane: lost her husband.
- Melissa Baker: cancer.
- Becca Sites: 12-year-old who had intestinal surgery.
- Donald Wigger Jr. (Donna Galdeen’s brother): received last chemo for leukemia.
- Kassidy and James Artman.
Now all glory to God, who is able, through His mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Glory to Him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen. (Ephesians 3:20-21, NLT)