Germantown UMC Prayer Requests
Updated January 10, 2019
This Week’s Church Prayer Focus: For service personal dealing with PTSD.
- Our Friends, Relatives, Acquaintances, and Neighbors who do not know Jesus as their Savior and our outreach to them.
- Service personnel: Keith Carson (Oklahoma), Jay & Tina Carr (Virginia), Nick Eby (Idaho), Carl Martin (Parris Island), Daniel Murdoch (USS Truman), Max Phillips (South Korea), Zach Smith (Fort Benning), Rich Weinel (Ohio).
- Our Homebound: Mary Clark, Al Grise, Nelson Hinkle, Joan Lansaw, Mary Francis Meadows, Edna Mefford, Grace Oblinger, Bev Shaffer, Margaret Smith, Martha Mae Storer, Janice & Richard Waits, Barb Watkins, Richard Woolcock.
- For the church staff and leaders as they seek God’s guidance in serving God and leading GUMC.
- Our missionaries Kevin, Laura and little Lucy Cline.
- The ministry of St. Paul United Methodist Church and our Covenant Partnership.
- Those dealing with addiction, families and the Valley View Drug Free Community Coalition movement.
- The United Methodist Church, our Bishop Gregory Palmer, and our District Superintendent Jocelyn Roper.
- Wesley Fenton: health issues.
- Dixie McGee: breast cancer.
- Patty Hayes: testing and thyroid surgery.
- Diane Hayes: head injury.
- Scott Hayes sister: pleurisy.
- Brad Davis: back surgery and mass on his Thyroid gland.
- Barbara Stone: leukemia.
- Judy Marshall: cancer.
- Betty Uhlman: ovarian cancer surgery.
- Dirk Fiessinger: cancer.
- Everett Sharp: knee replacement.
- Bill Layer’s wife passed away.
- Lucy Dursch’s niece: had heart surgery and is doing pretty well.
- Pastor Gary: health issues and testing.
- Greg Rahe: fell, hitting his face and fracturing 3 front teeth which must be surgically removed on Wednesday.
- Deb Tunney: hospice.
- Jerry Steinmetz: cancer.
- Caroline Sanders: health issues, life issues, granddaughters who recently lost their parents.
- Danny Patterson: heart cath.
December 30-January 5
- Family & friends of Roger Brunk who passed away Sunday morning.
- Family & friends of Harriett Cornett who passed away on Saturday.
- Lucy Dursch’s niece is having surgery.
- Praise: Ken & Donna Galdeen’s children were in church on Sunday.
- Violet Askins brother passed away.
- Praise: Shirl Decker is recovering from back surgery and loves her prayer quilt.
- Marlene Flory’s daughter is not feeling well.
- Family & friends of David Wilson who passed away.
- Praise: Lareen Bowman was able to attend worship service. She is very thankful for the prayer quilt and the cross made by Larry Wiser. Continued prayers are requested.
- Melody Herbst: radiation treatments begin this week.
- Pastor Gary: home after being in the hospital; will have a heart cath.
- Eileen & Carl Strobel: Health issues.
- Sage & Ray Southers: both have been in and out of the hospital with numerous health issues, now home.
- Judy Marshall: Cancer, in rehab.
- Leslie Payton: Thyroid cancer in lymph nodes.
- Family and friends of Michelle Shade who passed away as a result of an auto accident.
- Travel mercies.
- Praise: Etta & Greg Hanahan have a new grandson. Wyler James Hanahan was born on 12/21.
- Beverly Shaffer: heart failure.
- Bill Killerman’s father passed away..
- Mindy Caudill: Spider bite on foot.
- Gavin’s grandmother passed away.
- Aleasha: expecting a baby any day.
- Those in the hospital during the holidays.
- Jack Jarvis: Hospice care.
- Debbie Helton: COPD & CHF.
- Praise: Susan Miller was able to attend worship (recovering from knee surgery).
- Quilt: Beverly Shaffer (heart failure), Shirl Decker (back surgery).
- Lynn Koogle: back surgery on December 11th, now home and doing well.
- Marie Thompson: Cataract surgery on December 18th.
- Jeff Barton: recovering from a stroke.
- Jami Hornbuckle: Stomach mass, cancer.
- Family & friends of Lindsey Carson who passed away from an aneurysm at age 30.
- Vicki Dursch’s mother fell and broke her arm and pelvic bone.
- Everett Sharp: knee replacement.
- A 7 year old girl from North Carolina who was accidentally shot.
- Brad Davis: Mass on thyroid & a back issue.
- Dorris Hensley: at Kingston due to a fractured leg.
- Jankovich family and also the Rumpke truck driver’s family as court begins.
- Kathy Kitchel: healing from pneumonia.
- Rusty Minks lost his wife.
- David & Allison Wallace: Expecting their first child in late May.
- Virginia Hanahan: Hospice care at home.
- Praise: Eric Tucker was in worship today.
- Phyliss Bussard: recovering from hip surgery.
- Chuck Kirk: having hand surgery on Thursday.
- Jill Richter.
- Gracie: fell in a gymnastic event.
- Family & friends of Earl Meeks who passed away.
- Elaine Bowman’s procedure went well.
- Quilt: Kathy Brimer (Ovarian Cancer), Ashton Reese Marsh (Premature Infant)
- Christy Steffani: Complications from surgery.
- Susan Witherspoon: Bronchitis.
- Kent Bowser: severe infection in knee replacement.
- Courtney Bauman: prayers for a safe delivery of new baby.
- Ellen Comley: out of the hospital, now at Kingston for rehab.
Now all glory to God, who is able, through His mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Glory to Him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen. (Ephesians 3:20-21, NLT)