Germantown UMC Prayer Requests
Updated January 13, 2020
This Week’s Church Prayer Focus: Greater Dayton Men’s Emmaus Walk this coming weekend (Gary Wheeler and Chris Kitchel are on the team).
- Our Friends, Relatives, Acquaintances, and Neighbors who do not know Jesus as their Savior and our outreach to them.
- Service personnel: Keith Carson (Iraq), Jay & Tina Carr (Virginia), Steven Crabtree (Boot Camp), Nick Eby (England), Carl Martin (North Carolina), Daniel Murdoch (USS Truman), Zach Smith (Germany), Cody Wagers, Rich Weinel (Ohio).
- Our Homebound: Mary Clark, Al Grise, Tom Hayes, Nelson Hinkle, Joan Lansaw, Mary Francis Meadows, Edna Mefford, Grace Oblinger, Bev Shaffer, Margaret Smith, Martha Mae Storer, Janice & Richard Waits, Barb Watkins, Richard Woolcock.
- For the church staff and leaders as they seek God’s guidance in serving God and leading GUMC.
- Our missionaries Kevin, Laura, and little Lucy and Margaret Cline.
- The ministry of St. Paul United Methodist Church and our Covenant Partnership.
- Those dealing with addiction, families and the Valley View Drug Free Community Coalition movement.
- The United Methodist Church, our Bishop Gregory Palmer, and our District Superintendent Jocelyn Roper.
- Jackie Ratliff: health issues.
- Darryl Friend: infection in knee that required surgery and 5+ weeks of intravenous antibiotics.
- Everett Cline: health issues.
- Diane Getter Proshek: brain aneurysm on 10/3, remains on life support.
- Paul Arnold.
- Robin Alsip.
- Jenny: testing.
- Michelle: healing.
- Sherry Davis: bladder cancer.
- Carla: a 29-year-old cousin (mother of a 7-year-old died), then moments later, a 2-year-old cousin died.
- Valley View student Chase Damron: cancer free.
- Family and friends of Deanne Steele who passed away.
- Chris Kitchel’s nephew Matt’s mother died.
- Dennis: father died.
- Carol Shade’s daughter will have rotator cuff surgery. Tracy now has pneumonia.
- Larry Weaver: hospitalized on 1/9/20, having testing.
- Keith Carson has sent a message that he is safe in Iraq following the recent missile attack.
- Edna Barnhart’s brother, Bernard Moyer passed away on 1/1/20.
- Family and friends of Darrell Izor who passed away.
- Jessica Kitchel: doing well after ear surgery.
- Susan Miller: hand surgery.
- Barry Ayers: in hospital with a brain aneurism.
- Karen Weaver and granddaughter: on a mission trip to Liberia.
- Mary Rose’s husband Don passed away.
- Grant: very ill.
- Jill and Gracie Richter.
- Family and friends of David Greer who passed away.
- Students in Edgewood schools who lost their father to pneumonia.
- Kenny & Joan Lee’s daughter.
- Kent Genslinger.
- Heidi Sines: breast cancer, having surgery, then chemo.
- Jenny Staggs.
- Jerry Steinmetz: cancer. Also his wife Peggy.
- Caroline Sanders: health issues, life issues.
- The Hasty Family. Vernon Sr. had two strokes while visiting Ohio. Vernon Jr. is fighting cancer.
- Donald Albert, Jr: cancer.
- Young boy in critical care in a hospital.
December 29-January 4
- Courtney Faber: going to Madrid, Spain for 6 months. Prayers for a safe trip.
- Kristy Alsip: vision issues.
- Kathy Kitchel: physical therapy for her foot/ankle.
- Marjorie Anslow’s sister-in-law had a stroke.
- Vicky Cook: broken ankle, also suffered a mild heart attack.
- Theresa Crowe’s husband has dementia, fell.
- Sandy Rowles father is on a respirator.
- Elliona: a junior in high school with vision and memory issues.
- Family & friends of Harold Comley who passed away.
- Hasty Family: persons in hospital.
- Those who have lost loved ones.
- Roseann Milliken.
- Hunter: tonsillectomy.
- Paul: hospitalized following auto accident.
- Mark Ketzel: health issues.
- Quilt: Reverend Richard Royalty (Alzheimer’s), Judy Royalty (fractured hip), Jeanie J. (difficult life issues)
- Persons dealing with terminal cancer.
- Those who have lost family members.
- Sally: breast cancer has metastasized.
- Family and friends of Gail Chmielewski who passed away.
- Teresa Recker: health issues.
- Taylor & William Heistand and their families.
- Jeff Stiver: recovering from knee replacement surgery.
- Gene Weittenhiller: cancer.
- Violet Askins’ sister, Virgie: dementia and shingles.
- Ken Miller: in the hospital.
- Mary Helldoerfer: Stage 3 cancer.
- Lenny Gulley: cancer.
- Those who are dealing with depression and suicidal thoughts.
- Eric Walters: in OSU hospital with breathing issues.
- Tia Sheets: eye surgery and several family issues.
- Jake: dealing with seizures.
- Erica: ruptured eardrum.
- Sharon: in the hospital.
- Kathy DeGroat: hip replacement.
- The Detweilers: mobility issues related to aging.
- Ilene and Carl Strobel.
- Dionne Allen’s mother: surgery to remove a tumor from her breast.
- Rich Taylor’s Jr. stepfather Ron Hensley: admitted to the hospital with a bronchitis infection.
Now all glory to God, who is able, through His mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Glory to Him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen. (Ephesians 3:20-21, NLT)