Germantown UMC Prayer Requests
Updated February 22, 2018
This Week’s Church Prayer Focus: For the Day of Caring ministry here and across our area.
- Our Friends, Relatives, Acquaintances, and Neighbors who do not know Jesus as their Savior and our outreach to them.
- Service personnel: Keith Carson (Oklahoma), Jay & Tina Carr (Virginia), Nick Eby (Idaho), Daniel Murdoch (USS Eisenhower), Rich Weinel (Oklahoma).
- Our Homebound: Mary Arnold, Mary Clark, Al Grise, Arlene Harris, Nelson Hinkle, Joan Lansaw, Edna Mefford, Grace Oblinger, Margaret Smith, Martha Mae Storer, Janice Waits, Richard Waits, Richard Woolcock.
- For the church staff and leaders as they seek God’s guidance in serving God and leading GUMC.
- Our missionaries Kevin, Laura and little Lucy Cline.
- The ministry of St. Paul United Methodist Church and our Covenant Partnership.
- Those dealing with addiction and the Valley View Drug Free Community Coalition movement.
- The United Methodist Church, our Bishop Gregory Palmer, and our District Superintendent Jocelyn Roper.
- Quilt: Mary Ann Halsema (breast cancer).
- Tori T.: 21 yr. old with aggressive cancer.
- The family & friends of Betty Ritchie who passed away.
- Beverly Simpkins friend Donna: major surgery.
- Jocelyn’s mother is expecting a baby.
- Jean Powell’s uncle: struggling in rehab.
- Lisa Ellington: brain tumor.
- Jessie Pierson: auto accident.
- Stephanie Greenham.
- Mitch Genslinger.
- Caroline Sanders: health issues, life issues.
- Jerry Steinmetz: cancer.
- Butch Midkiff: cancer.
- Ronda Roberts: radiation treatments for breast cancer. Recent testing showed no cancer in her brain.
- Praise: Dean Stiver home after being in Kingston for rehab and is in worship today.
- Nick Miller.
- Ralph & Florence Tidd.
- Teresa Recker: health issues related to severe diabetes.
- Jenifer Shyrigh: recovering from breast cancer.
- Stacy Gieszl: hospitalized with pneumonia and Flu B.
- Quilt: Wanita Hatten (breast cancer)
- Those affected by the school shooting in Florida.
- Family & friends of Ronnie Gilbert who passed away 2/7/18.
- Family & friends of Janet McKinney who passed away February 9.
- Family & friends of Melody King who passed away.
- Bill DeGroat: health issues.
- Ronny Hicks: Stage 4 cancer.
- Sheila Minks: lung cancer.
- Steve Yahle: had heart surgery last week.
- Julie Stiver’s mother Lee Hacker: in rehab since hospitalization for congestive heart failure.
- Doris Tudor’s brother Ed Thornsberg passed away.
- Karen & Len Weaver: home after being on a mission trip to Liberia.
- Ashley Maish: (Lisa Hannah’s daughter) COPD/emphysema, life issues.
- Family & friends of Fonda Lugabihl (Gretchen Williams Grandmother) who passed away on 2/2.
- Tom Hayes has been in the hospital and Diane has been ill as well.
- Jon Garner: back problems.
- Stephanie Bishop: quintuple heart by-pass surgery.
- Melody King: heart attack.
- Larry & Eileen Gardner: ill.
- Family and friends of Dynita Boehringer’s cousin Katy who passed away.
- Family and friends of Sherry Johnson who passed away.
- Family and friends of Donna Howell who passed away.
- Todd Hayes: prostate cancer.
- Family and friends of Marilyn Whitsel who passed away.
- Family and friends of Ben Suttman III who passed away.
- Ryan Smith: college interviews.
- Doris Tudor: recovering from hip replacement.
- Martha Storer: has moved to Otterbein Home in Lebanon.
- Violet Askin’s brother John and sister Virgie.
- Bev Roberts’ cousin Lucy Jamison: brain bleed from fall.
- Sandy Gebhart: her uncle fell and has back injuries.
- Haley: broken back in an accident.
- Tricia: her hurt back.
- Susan Miller: in worship after knee replacement.
January 28-February 3
- Quilts: Doris Tudor: Hip replacement, Bob Thompson: Fractured back.
- Anna Desch: emergency surgery on 1/30/18 for her fractured finger.
- Greg Kalmbach: cancer.
- Jean & Bill Cates: Health Issues.
- Trudy Bussard Burnett: skin disease which is some form of cancer.
- Lucy Dursch’s daughter-in-law’s brother: brain tumor.
- Charles Heistand: recovering from surgery on his ear drum.
- Vicky Cook’s mother: illness.
- Jenny Halsey: heart issues.
- Chris: flu.
- Cindy: cancer.
- Jessica Shrout: multiple internal injuries from car accident, condition is serious.
- The family & friends of James Niswonger who passed away.
- Janie Beatty: having surgery on Thursday.
- Sheila Minx: lung cancer.
- Morris Family asks prayers for friends at work parents with stage 4 cancer.
- Valley View school community.
- Eric Tucker: had a heart conversion on Monday.
- Praise: Sheven & Gretchen Williams have a new grandson.
- Praise: Karen Tucker’s back pain is improving.
- Quilts: Pastor Gary (eye surgery); Mable Neal (fractured back).
- Billy Peyton: stroke.
- Prayers that new families and children learn about GUMC and make it their spiritual home.
- Fay: long term breast cancer, receiving 6 months of chemo before surgery.
Now all glory to God, who is able, through His mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Glory to Him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen. (Ephesians 3:20-21, NLT)