Germantown UMC Prayer Requests
Updated March 20, 2018
This Week’s Church Prayer Focus: Those who do not know Jesus.
- Our Friends, Relatives, Acquaintances, and Neighbors who do not know Jesus as their Savior and our outreach to them.
- Service personnel: Keith Carson (Oklahoma), Jay & Tina Carr (Virginia), Nick Eby (Idaho), Daniel Murdoch (USS Eisenhower), Rich Weinel (Oklahoma).
- Our Homebound: Mary Arnold, Mary Clark, Al Grise, Arlene Harris, Nelson Hinkle, Joan Lansaw, Edna Mefford, Grace Oblinger, Margaret Smith, Martha Mae Storer, Janice Waits, Richard Waits, Richard Woolcock.
- For the church staff and leaders as they seek God’s guidance in serving God and leading GUMC.
- Our missionaries Kevin, Laura and little Lucy Cline.
- The ministry of St. Paul United Methodist Church and our Covenant Partnership.
- Those dealing with addiction and the Valley View Drug Free Community Coalition movement.
- The United Methodist Church, our Bishop Gregory Palmer, and our District Superintendent Jocelyn Roper.
- Prayer Quilts: Dale Guynes: heart attack.
- Joni Sears: kidney stone.
- William Heistand and all traveling with the VVHS Tennis Team.
- Lucy Dursch’s nephew: brain surgery.
- Lucy Dursch’s nephew: diabetes, heart issues.
- JoAnn Weaver: knee surgery on Tuesday.
- Alex & Daniel Powell: having oral surgery.
- Jean Powell’s uncle is doing better. She has a cousin with knee problems.
- Travel mercies.
- Justin Alsip.
- Don Johnson: heart problems.
- Donna Hogg.
- Those affected by the bridge collapse in Florida.
- Daniel Harrison & Nick Miller.
- Kathy Kitchel’s mother, Esther has congestive heart failure and is flying home from Florida.
- Chris Kitchel’s father: heart issues.
- Bill DeGroat has been moved to Astoria Health Center under Hospice care.
- Caroline Sanders: health issues, life issues.
- Jerry Steinmetz: cancer.
- Butch Midkiff: cancer.
- Ronda Roberts: breast cancer.
- Violet Askin’s brother John had another stroke, home now.
- Violet Askin’s sister-in-law got a good report from her doctor.
- Laura Jones: breast cancer.
- Betty Carpenter: heart and health issues.
- Trisha Crawford: traveled to Chicago for testing. She received encouraging reports.
- Anna Desch: ill.
- Edna Barnhart: ill.
- Praise: Bryan & Kellie Herbst are expecting their second child in September.
- Ralph & Florence Tidd.
- Teresa Recker: health issues related to severe diabetes.
- Jenifer Shyrigh: recovering from surgery.
- Tyler Gross: head injury due to being hit by baseball.
- Mitch Genslinger.
- Family and Friends of Joel Brandenberg who passed away.
- Family and Friends of Don Sidbottom who passed away.
- Jon Garner’s sister passed away.
- Prayer Quilts: Joann Weaver (knee replacement surgery), Carl Strobel Jr (health issues).
- Kent Genslinger: back/hip/leg pain. Having outpatient procedure Monday.
- Jenny: hip replacement.
- Violet Askin’s sister Virgie: mental health issues.
- Ashley Maish: anxiety, depression, COPD
- Family and friends of Chuck Sasser Jr who passed away.
- Family and friends of Wayne Kessling who passed away.
- Family and friends of Toney Dalton who passed away.
- Lareen Bowman’s daughter Stephanie: thyroid biopsy.
- Family and friends of Bill Ketchem who passed away.
- Tia Sheets: home issues.
- Chandler: surgery.
- Phyllis Blair: moving to assisted living.
- Jocelyn Cook: strep
- Jillian Develbiss: strep
- Stephanie Greenham: had back surgery.
- Sheila Minks: lung cancer.
- Stacy Gieszl: trying to come back to work following pneumonia, Flu B, and blood infection.
- Valley View School Community and Board in Superintendent search.
- Family and friends of Tori Thomas, a 21 yr. old who passed away due to an aggressive cancer.
- Carla: issues.
- Alvin and Susan Napier.
- Logan Norris: addicted to drugs.
- Praise: Ryan Smith has been accepted at OSU.
- Praise: Nelson Hinkle is improving in mobility.
February 25-March 3
- Family & friends of Susan Hora who passed away.
- Richard Dautel: head injury from a fall down the stairs.
- Martha Dautel: dementia.
- Todd Hayes: prostate cancer.
- Eric Tucker: heart issues.
- Bill Mullins
- William C.
- Those dealing with cancer.
- Kathryn Abner’s father passed away.
- Wayne Tinch.
- Lisa Ellington: brain tumor surgery this week.
- Jessica Shrout: multiple internal injuries from car accident, condition is serious.
- Quilt: Mary Ann Halsema (breast cancer).
- The family & friends of Betty Ritchie who passed away.
- Beverly Simpkins friend Donna: major surgery.
- Jocelyn’s mother is expecting a baby.
- Jean Powell’s uncle: struggling in rehab.
- Jessie Pierson: auto accident.
Now all glory to God, who is able, through His mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Glory to Him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen. (Ephesians 3:20-21, NLT)