Germantown UMC Prayer Requests
Updated May 21, 2018
This Week’s Church Prayer Focus: For graduates, that they would seek the Lord in their future endeavors.
- Our Friends, Relatives, Acquaintances, and Neighbors who do not know Jesus as their Savior and our outreach to them.
- Service personnel: Keith Carson (Oklahoma), Jay & Tina Carr (Virginia), Nick Eby (Idaho), Daniel Murdoch (USS Eisenhower), Max Phillips (South Korea), Rich Weinel (Oklahoma).
- Our Homebound: Mary Clark, Al Grise, Arlene Harris, Nelson Hinkle, Joan Lansaw, Edna Mefford, Grace Oblinger, Margaret Smith, Martha Mae Storer, Janice Waits, Richard Waits, Barb Watkins, Richard Woolcock.
- For the church staff and leaders as they seek God’s guidance in serving God and leading GUMC.
- Our missionaries Kevin, Laura and little Lucy Cline.
- The ministry of St. Paul United Methodist Church and our Covenant Partnership.
- Those dealing with addiction and the Valley View Drug Free Community Coalition movement.
- The United Methodist Church, our Bishop Gregory Palmer, and our District Superintendent Jocelyn Roper.
- Quilts: Janet Withrow (recovery from surgery), Leslie Payton (thyroid cancer).
- Richie Longworth: stroke.
- Betty Petticrew’s great grandson: going into the Marines.
- Praise: Carol Pasquel’s daughter: no cancer.
- Paula Linden: breast cancer, spread to her lungs.
- Trudy Burnett: breast cancer.
- The family & friends of Maddie Coldiron who passed away.
- Diane Wilhem: cancer.
- Families involved in the Texas shooting.
- Valley View students who were in the car accident.
- Keynan Johnson: depression.
- The family & friends of Butch Midkiff who passed away on 5/15/18.
- Beverly Roberts: recovering from knee replacement surgery.
- Travel mercies.
- Caroline Sanders: health issues, life issues.
- Jerry Steinmetz: cancer.
- Quilts: Alex Shade (car accident), Emma Shade (car accident), Debbie Stiver (hip replacement).
- The family and friends of Edna Coon who passed away.
- Carol DeHart: cancer
- Karen: breast cancer.
- Debbie Riley: recurrent breast cancer, now Uterine Cancer.
- Hannah: assaulted.
- Family and friends of Brian Miller who passed away.
- Langdon Reed: heart attack and brain bleed.
- Laura Winholtz: cancer.
- Ann Crouch: cancer.
- Phyllis Busard: fell and broke her hip.
- Violet Askins Brother-in-law, Jack: has a mass on his liver.
- Ronda Roberts: recovering from breast cancer.
- Caroline Sanders’ daughter’s fiancé passed away.
- Praise: Kevin Desch & Todd Velte have returned safely from hiking the Appalachian Trail.
- Violet Askins’ sister Virgie: in nursing home.
- Violet Askins’ brother John: suffered 4th
- Jessica Shrout: moved to OSU hospital, paralyzed from car accident.
- Abram Nance: newborn in NICU, has bowel blockage, cannot eat, will have a colostomy until he is 3 years old.
- Ralph & Florence Tidd.
- Teresa Recker: health issues related to severe diabetes.
- Jenifer Shyrigh: recovering from surgery.
- Charles Anslow: ongoing health issues.
- Pam Link: breast cancer, double mastectomy, recovering from the surgery.
- Barbara Watkins and family.
- Quilts: Eric & Karen Tucker (health issues), Kendra Anderson Cummins (metastatic brain cancer), Esther Hans (heart issues).
- Family and friends of Joyce Cornett who passed away.
- Leslie Peyton: thyroid cancer.
- Mattie: end stage.
- Jimmy Fryman: cancer.
- Praise: Jenny Staggs: no cancer seen at this time.
- Patty Hayes: upcoming surgery.
- Betty Carpenter: home now after two broken legs.
- Mel Shaffer.
- Bob Hamilton: emergency appendectomy.
- Kent Bowser: knee replacement surgery went badly.
- Kent Genslinger: difficult recovery from surgery.
- Jim Landis: cancer.
- Melanie Cooper’s parents.
- Lenny Gulley: cancer.
- Laura Jones: breast cancer.
- Nick Miller.
- Praise: Nick Cooper: new job, going well.
- Fayes: breast cancer surgery.
- Nancy Weir: update, no cancer.
- Joan Lee: is doing better.
- John & Mary Lynn & Haven Hope Ministry.
- Rhonda Ferry:skin cancer.
- Laureen: having a baby.
April 29-May 5
- Quilts: Jim Fryman (thyroid cancer), Martha Mae Storer (in honor).
- Calvin Walker’s mother passed away on 5/3/18. Please keep the family in your prayers.
- Those involved and their families in the Monroe HS prom night accident.
- Donna Galden’s brother: open heart surgery.
- Kristy Campbell.
- Robin Naas: undergoing testing.
- Quilts: Diane Wilhem (cancer), Tim Lawson (tongue cancer).
- Cindy McArthur: cancer.
- Phyllis Stiver.
- Carol DeHart: health issues.
- Ingrid’s father: Mesothelioma.
- Lee Hacker: in Kingston.
- Justin Alsip: seeing neurosurgeon regarding fractured vertebrae.
Now all glory to God, who is able, through His mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Glory to Him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen. (Ephesians 3:20-21, NLT)