Germantown UMC Prayer Requests
Updated March 19, 2019
This Week’s Church Prayer Focus: The least, last, and lost who we need to consider the most, and put first, so they can be found.
- Our Friends, Relatives, Acquaintances, and Neighbors who do not know Jesus as their Savior and our outreach to them.
- Service personnel: Keith Carson (Oklahoma), Jay & Tina Carr (Virginia), Nick Eby (deployed oversees), Carl Martin (North Carolina), Daniel Murdoch (USS Truman), Max Phillips (South Korea), Zach Smith (Fort Benning), Rich Weinel (Ohio).
- Our Homebound: Mary Clark, Al Grise, Tom Hayes, Nelson Hinkle, Joan Lansaw, Mary Francis Meadows, Edna Mefford, Grace Oblinger, Bev Shaffer, Margaret Smith, Martha Mae Storer, Janice & Richard Waits, Barb Watkins, Richard Woolcock.
- For the church staff and leaders as they seek God’s guidance in serving God and leading GUMC.
- Our missionaries Kevin, Laura, and little Lucy and Margaret Cline.
- The ministry of St. Paul United Methodist Church and our Covenant Partnership.
- Those dealing with addiction, families and the Valley View Drug Free Community Coalition movement.
- The United Methodist Church, our Bishop Gregory Palmer, and our District Superintendent Jocelyn Roper.
- Family & friends of Valley View 7th Grader, Jerry Bryant who passed away on 3/14/19.
- Donald Wigger Jr. (Donna Galdeen’s brother) hospitalized at The James in Columbus for leukemia.
- Jennifer Powell: hospitalized for testing.
- Stephanie and her children: lost everything in a fire.
- Family who lost their young mother.
- Carol Peck: blood clot in her brain.
- Patti Hayes: recurrent cancer.
- Doris Tudor: will have eye surgery in April.
- Those who struggle with suicidal thoughts.
- Travel mercies.
- Ray Lansaw: had heart procedure last week.
- Violet Askins’ sister Virgie.
- Family and friends of Delbert Donthnier who passed away.
- Lisa Hannah: recovering after leg surgery.
- Lynn Koogles: health issues.
- Bob: hospitalized with heart issues.
- Victims of domestic violence.
- Family and friends of Laura Viskitt who passed away.
- Baby Micah.
- Wilda Peters’ third cousin passed away.
- Nancy lost her son.
- Barbara Stone: cancer, in hospital for chemo.
- Melanie Cooper’s father: Alzheimer’s has gotten worse.
- Krissy Campbell (Karen Tucker’s sister): Alzheimer’s at 57.
- Lenny Cully: cancer.
- Pam Moore: mother has Alzheimer’s.
- Family and friends of Kelly Davis who passed away.
- Marine lost in the mountains.
- Shawndra: cancer.
- Kent Genslinger.
- Jackie Ratliff: health issues.
- Tim Studebaker: back issues.
- Dirk Fiessinger: cancer.
- Andrea Honious: cancer.
- Ashley: needs a car.
- Shane Hannah’s father: upcoming surgery.
- Tyler Morris’ friend: dealing with loss of a friend by suicide.
- Praise: Carol Shade in worship, still recovering from back surgery 2/21.
- Jerry Steinmetz: cancer.
- Caroline Sanders: end stage COPD.
- Praise: Ken Galdeen in worship.
- Woman struggle with the effects of diabetes.
- Payne family: dealing with loss.
- Quilts: Ryan Roberts (hospitalized)
- Allison: to be induced March 4.
- Carol DeHart: leukemia.
- Molly: marital issues.
- Praise: Ashley Noble is expecting.
- Joyce Ellison: testing.
- Joey Cook
- Matt Reno: very ill.
- Eileen & Carl Strobel: Health issues.
February 24-March 2
- Jon Garner: health issues.
- Praise: Nikki Baker received a new appointment.
- Praise: Zach Smith got married.
- Jennifer Trusty: husband died suddenly of heart attack over weekend, mother died suddenly 2 months ago.
- Praise: Raymond & Victoria Price are expecting a baby in August.
- Police officers, SWAT teams and first responders who are placed in jeopardy every day.
- Family & friends of John Roth who passed away.
- Perry Heflin: several losses recently.
- Nikki: expecting a baby.
- Family & Friends of Tim Crowe who passed away.
- Quilt: Pam Genson (stroke).
- Charlene Detweiler: chronic bladder infection.
- Family and Friends of Carl Michael who passed away 2/17.
- Family and Friends of Harold Shell who passed away.
- Kathy Donthrier: heart issues.
- Jordan Fitch: addiction.
- Kelly Hamilton: severe knee injury skiing.
- Melanie Velte: knee surgery.
- Todd Velte’s mother passed away.
- Family and Friends of Deb Tunney who passed away.
- Quilts: Ruth Markham (kidney cancer), Lynn Koogle (health issues).
- Nancy Cline: recurrence and metastasis of cancer. She will be starting chemo soon.
- Toni, Mariann, Heather, Kimberly, and Jayne who are all receiving radiation treatments for breast cancer.
- Caroline Pennington: kidney transplant.
- Tony Smith: neck surgery.
Now all glory to God, who is able, through His mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Glory to Him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen. (Ephesians 3:20-21, NLT)