Germantown UMC Prayer Requests
Updated April 16, 2018
This Week’s Church Prayer Focus: Our youth ministry.
- Our Friends, Relatives, Acquaintances, and Neighbors who do not know Jesus as their Savior and our outreach to them.
- Service personnel: Keith Carson (Oklahoma), Jay & Tina Carr (Virginia), Nick Eby (Idaho), Daniel Murdoch (USS Eisenhower), Max Phillips (South Korea), Rich Weinel (Oklahoma).
- Our Homebound: Mary Arnold, Mary Clark, Al Grise, Arlene Harris, Nelson Hinkle, Joan Lansaw, Edna Mefford, Grace Oblinger, Margaret Smith, Martha Mae Storer, Janice Waits, Richard Waits, Richard Woolcock.
- For the church staff and leaders as they seek God’s guidance in serving God and leading GUMC.
- Our missionaries Kevin, Laura and little Lucy Cline.
- The ministry of St. Paul United Methodist Church and our Covenant Partnership.
- Those dealing with addiction and the Valley View Drug Free Community Coalition movement.
- The United Methodist Church, our Bishop Gregory Palmer, and our District Superintendent Jocelyn Roper.
- Quilts: Carolyn Cox (cancer), Marie Thompson (knee replacement), Bob Baker (Bladder cancer).
- Lee Hacker: in Kingston.
- Karen Carmickle: eye surgery.
- Oliver: stitches in his head.
- Kent Genslinger: difficult recovery from surgery.
- Kathy Kitchel’s mother Esther: in hospital with breathing issues.
- Kelsey Kitchel: wisdom teeth removed.
- Travel mercies.
- John Gable: Alzheimer’s.
- Nick Cooper: new job.
- Praise: Edna Barnhart in worship.
- Caroline Sanders: health issues, life issues.
- Butch Midkiff: at home, hospice has been called.
- Jerry Steinmetz: cancer.
- Debbie Stiver: lung cancer, tumor removed from her brain.
- Nancy Weinel’s sister Diane Wilhelm: mass on lung.
- Quilts: Kelsey Schommer (colostomy), Melodyne Shaffer (health concerns), Conrad Roberts (knee replacement).
- Tammie Bitner: cancer.
- Steve Cook: auto accident on Tuesday, cuts & bruises.
- Mike Miller: stopped breathing while on vacation.
- Nick Miller.
- Tim Lawson: tongue cancer.
- Ronda Roberts: breast cancer.
- Betty Carpenter: two broken legs, also heart and health issues.
- Melanie Cooper’s parents.
- Emory Askins.
- Jennie Wier: lung tumor.
- Karen Weaver & family.
- Praise: JoAnn Weaver was able to attend worship following knee replacement.
- Laura Jones: breast cancer.
- Praise: Patti Hayes has been cancer free for one year.
- Praise: Nelson Hinkle & Anna Mae were able to attend worship today.
- Mattie: recurrence of cancer.
- Violet Askins’ nephew lost his 30 year old wife 8 days after giving birth to their 3rd
- Ralph & Florence Tidd.
- Teresa Recker: health issues related to severe diabetes.
- Jenifer Shyrigh: recovering from surgery.
- Trisha Crawford: traveled to Chicago for testing. She received encouraging reports.
- Lesa Durus: troubled woman from Tennessee.
- Stephanie Greenham: in worship and doing well following back surgery.
- Mary Arnold: medical issues.
- Quilts: Richard Dautel (COPD & head injury), Donna Hogg (cancer), Rita Carr (hip replacement).
- The family and friends of H. Donald Blair who passed away on April 3, 2018.
- The family and friends of Ryan Wallace who passed away.
- John Redick: doing much better.
- Mark Vorhees wife passed away.
- Family and friends of Bill DeGroat who passed away 3/21.
- Pam Link: breast cancer, double mastectomy.
- Marjorie Anslow: had the flu.
- Janet Boyer: has had a stroke.
- Darryl Friend: had cataract surgery on 3/29 and the other eye 2 weeks afterward.
- Courtney Faber: broken ankle.
- Family and friends of Tate Hughes who passed away.
- Family and friends of Bruce Smith who passed away.
- Family and friends of Fran Chroniak who passed away.
- Those going through surgery without family support.
- Dustin Holler: dealing with addiction.
- Robby Hinkle: emergency abdominal surgery.
- Mitch Genslinger.
- Family & friends of Sue Ellen (Garner) Lewis who passed away.
- Lisa Ellington: cancer.
- Marilyn Kragel: heart issues.
- Eric Tucker: seeing his cardiologist.
- Jean Powell’s grandson: has altitude sickness.
- Justin Alsip: fractured vertebrae.
- Sheila Minks: lung cancer.
- Prayer Quilts: Dale Guynes: heart attack.
- Joni Sears: kidney stone.
- Lucy Dursch’s nephew: brain surgery.
- Lucy Dursch’s nephew: diabetes, heart issues.
- Jean Powell’s uncle is doing better.
- Jean Powell’s cousin: knee problems.
- Don Johnson: heart problems.
- Donna Hogg.
- Those affected by the bridge collapse in Florida.
- Daniel Harrison.
- Chris Kitchel’s father: heart issues.
- Violet Askins’ brother John had another stroke, home now.
Now all glory to God, who is able, through His mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Glory to Him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen. (Ephesians 3:20-21, NLT)