Germantown UMC Prayer Requests
Updated April 6, 2021
This Week’s Church Prayer Focus: Those who deal with emotional and mental issues.
- Our Friends, Relatives, Acquaintances, and Neighbors who do not know Jesus as their Savior and our outreach to them.
- Service personnel: Keith Carson (Florida), Jay & Tina Carr (Virginia), Michael Close (California), Steven Crabtree (Boot Camp), Nick Eby (England), Levi Helmick (Norway), Carl Martin (North Carolina), Daniel Muñoz (Virginia), Zach Smith (Germany), Cody Wagers.
- Our Homebound: Delmar Burns, Mary Clark, Nelson Hinkle, Joan Lansaw, Joyce Michael, Grace Oblinger, Martha Mae Storer, Janice & Richard Waits, Barb Watkins.
- For the church staff and leaders as they seek God’s guidance in serving God and leading GUMC.
- Our missionaries Kevin, Laura, and little Lucy and Margaret Cline.
- Those dealing with addiction, families and the Valley View Drug Free Community Coalition movement.
- The United Methodist Church, Bishop Gregory Palmer, and District Superintendent Jocelyn Roper.
- Quilt (fidget quilt): Hazel Bell: health issues.
- Alexe Banks: released from hospital but has a ways to go recovering from COVID.
- Norman Moyer: health issues.
- Pam Bell: recovering from double mastectomy surgery for breast cancer.
- Bill Sheets: stage IV esophageal cancer, metastasis to the bones. Pray for wife Tennia also.
- Lisa Bacon-Hall: released from the hospital.
- Amy Stevenson: Wagner’s Disease and now has a rare form of Tuberculosis.
- Esmonde Talsma: loss of loved ones.
March 28-April 3
- Quilt: Tia Rowe: miscarriage.
- Kathy Kitchel: recovering from orthoscopic knee surgery 3/23.
- The Jones family who lost their home to a house fire.
- John Witherspoon: leg issues.
- Beth Genslinger: released from hospital for pneumonia.
- Jan Wallace: going to Cleveland Clinic for a second opinion on her foot.
- Family and friends of Chris Davis who passed away.
- Larry Gardner: had eye surgery.
- Jay Root: in hospital with infection at the base of his spine.
- Pat Boos: bone cancer and congestive heart failure.
- Vernon Hasty Sr.: in the VA hospital.
- Terri Hinkle: recurrent cancer.
- Chris Kitchel: recovering from 3rd detached retina surgery 3/9.
- Matt Wheeler: was in Sycamore Hospital for cellulitis.
- Family and friends of Dustin Jackson who passed away.
- Lisa Neff: cancer surgery March 15.
- Violet Askins: seeing kidney specialist.
- Steve Lubecki: Stage 4 bone cancer.
- Jean Wasky: stage 4 cancer.
- Janetta McClure: recovering from colon surgery.
- Family and friends of Anne Weaver who passed away.
- Violet Askins’ niece Donna Payne: in hospital.
- Jaron Develbiss’ grandmother Lavon Butler: fell and fractured both hips and both pelvises.
- Travel mercies for Rosanne Milliken parents traveling from Florida to Pennsylvania this week.
- Family and friends Rev. Paul Stuckey (our District Superintendent from 1984-1989) who passed away.
- Sandy & Cindy Rowles.
- Jen Neissel: teacher at Valley View dealing with back pain.
- Dana Woodson’s mother: health issues.
- Quilts: Trish Crawford: stomach cancer; Autumn Prince: difficult pregnancy; Caleb Vaquera: health issues; Efrain Vaquera: Health issues.
- Mark Ketzel: hospitalized.
- Everett Sharp will have surgery to remove a stent on 3/8.
- Betty Carpenter: hospitalized with breathing problems.
- Family & friends of Ellen Comley who passed away.
- Family & friends of Lori Sporing who passed away.
- Violet Askins’ great grandniece Haley: 13 years old, tried to commit suicide.
- Family & friends of Jessie McClure who passed away.
- Family and friends of Jim Dunham (Peggy Steinmetz’s father) who passed away.
- Family and friends of Tracy Weikel who passed away.
- Family and friends of James Hutchinson who passed away.
- Family and friends of Carol Long who passed away.
- Janetta McClure: in ICU following colon surgery 3/1.
- Lindsey Erisman: complications following knee surgery.
- Dwayne Dill: finished treatments, dealing with left side numbness.
- Larry and JoAnn Weaver’s grandson Jack: broken collarbone.
- Jackie Ratliff: surgery.
- Charlette Genslinger’s sister Shirley Anne: in hospital.
February 28- March 6
- Praise: Linda Brown in worship, continuing chemo for angiosarcoma.
- Family & friends of Margaret “Evelyn” Smith who passed away on 2/28.
- Fred Gehron: health issues.
- Maggie: 22 years old, very ill.
- Donna Henry’s mother Alice Marie Bednar passed away.
- Family & friends of David Alsip who passed away.
- Family & friends of Butch Boyer who passed away.
- Gary Holiday: in ICU.
- Stephanie McCarty.
- Stacey Lefevre.
- Mark McCarty: bladder cancer.
- Scott Waggoner: colon cancer surgery 3/1.
- Dylan McKinney (multiple injuries from a motorcycle accident).
Now all glory to God, who is able, through His mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Glory to Him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen. (Ephesians 3:20-21, NLT)