Germantown UMC Prayer Requests
Updated June 27, 2022
This Week’s Church Prayer Focus: United Methodist Churches and Pastors who are in transition.
1. Our Friends, Relatives, Acquaintances, and Neighbors who do not know Jesus as their Savior and our outreach to them.
2. Service personnel: Keith Carson (Florida), Tina Carr (Virginia), Michael Close (California), Steven Crabtree (unknown), Nick Eby (England), Charles Hayes (deployed), Levi Helmick (unknown), Carl Martin (deployed), Daniel Muñoz (Virginia), Zach Smith (Fort Bragg).
3. Our Homebound: Delmar Burns, Mary Clark, Nelson Hinkle, Joyce Michael, Grace Oblinger, Beverly Simpkins, Martha Mae Storer, Janice & Richard Waits, Barb Watkins.
4. For the church staff and leaders as they seek God’s guidance in serving God and leading GUMC.
5. Our missionaries Kevin, Laura, and Lucy, Margaret, and Benjamin Cline.
6. Those dealing with addiction, families and the V.V. Drug Free Community Coalition movement.
7. The United Methodist Church, Bishop Gregory Palmer, and District Superintendent Jim Wilson.
June 26-July 2
8. Joyce Ellison: home after being hospitalized for infection.
9. Violet Askins’ 92 year old sister-in-law: in hospital with UTI and COVID.
10. Family and friends of Ramona Tucker (Eric’s mother) who passed away 6/24; noon service Wednesday at Dalton’s.
11. Dennis Roberts: COVID.
12. Ken Galdeen: in Mt. Pleasant for rehab.
13. Susan Wright: struggling after abdominal surgery.
14. Callan Clark: Born June 1, in hospital with very high fever. Parents Michael and Abby Clark.
15. Marie McKay: doing better following knee replacement surgery.
16. Theresa Crowe: husband’s dementia is getting worse.
17. Theresa Fiessinger’s brother Joe: having back surgery.
18. Darrell Green: cancer.
19. Sandy Benson: cancer.
20. Carol Pasquel: cancer.
21. Betty Uhlman: cancer.
22. David Shade: recovering from having a stent put in.
23. Eileen Gardner: not feeling well.
24. Diane Hayes: breast cancer surgery June 23.
25. Steven Price’s Mother: diagnosed with cancer, has spread to her brain, uncle had a heart attack.
26. Susan Miller: home after being in Sycamore Hospital.
27. Travel mercies.
28. Kent Genslinger: ill.
29. Cindy & Allen McArthur: ill.
30. Kayla: paralyzed in a diving accident.
31. Jack & Shirl Decker.
32. Tommy Dautel: testing.
33. Greg Hayes: broken hip surgery.
34. Kym Wharton: health issues.
35. Mike Samworth: COVID.
36. Carol Pasquel: Stage 4 lung cancer, starting immune therapy.
37. Praise: Karen Banks vision and other health issues are improving.
38. Louie & Donna Gabbard: he has COVID, she has COVID and dementia.
39. Violet Askins’ brother Howard: undergoing tests on his heart/carotid arteries & his brain functions.
40. Tom & Connie Shaffer: new grandson born 6/11.
41. Mark Judy: kidney stone.
42. Vernon Hasty Jr.: in hospital following a car accident.
43. Patrick Thomson: back pain.
44. Joan Lee: not feeling well.
45. Family and friends of Steve Meredith who passed away.
46. Tracy Childress: pneumonia since May 5, in hospital
47. Joe Herdman: stroke, home and during better.
48. Sandy Benson: started chemo.
49. Becky Faber: (Laura Jena’s sister) COVID.
50. Anna Mae and Nelson Hinkle had a great granddaughter born on 7/3/2022. Amira Jasmine Hinkle.
51. Quilts: Jim Kalmbach (Prostate Cancer), Marie McKay (knee replacement surgery 6/7)
52. Janet Withrow: having eye surgery soon.
53. Lareen Bowman’s daughter Stacey: COVID.
54. Linda Baughman: Stage 4 colon cancer.
55. Marlene Murphy: health issues.
56. Gary Reno: health issues.
57. Nick Miller: taking a new medication.
58. Praise: the birth of Callan James Clark. Genslinger’s great grandchild.
59. Sandy Benson.
60. Vicki Reno.
61. Betty Uhlman: cancer.
62. Darryl Green: pancreatic cancer but tumors are shrinking.
63. 6 year old Leah: had an emergency appendectomy.
May 29-June 3
64. Quilts: Deb Pasquel (broken wrist surgery), Sandy Benson (health issues), Tommy Dautel (blood clots).
65. Family & friends of Joann Reason who passed away.
66. Family and friends of Robert Harrold who passed away.
67. Family and friends of Paul Heatherly who passed away.
68. Quilt: Bobbie Koontz (knee surgery 5/26).
69. Doug Cox: home after gall bladder surgery 5/16.
70. Rosann Milliken’s mother: diagnosed with COVID, delaying going to her first oncology visit.
71. Olivia Mett: got married 5/22.
72. Tim Violet: pancreas issues.
73. Joy Rash.
74. Darlene Ray: paralyzed from the chest down.
75. Jennifer: has tumors in her uterus.
76. Sally Peters: COVID.
77. Cody Blankenship: back in the hospital, struggling with his brain injury.
78. Gaylord, Michigan: was hit by a tornado Thursday. Kelsey Heistand’s brother’s house was destroyed.
Now all glory to God, who is able, through His mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Glory to Him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen. (Ephesians 3:20-21, NLT)